When it comes to wedding planning, one of the first decisions you have to make is how you will seat your guests. Do you use escort cards or a seating chart? Both options have pros and cons, so deciding which is right for you can be challenging. In this blog post, we will break down the pros and cons of escort cards vs. seating chart so that you can decide which option is best for your wedding!
What Are Escort Cards?
Escort cards are small cards that list each guest’s name and table assignment. Escort cards are typically placed on a table near your wedding reception entrance so guests can find their seats quickly.
What is a Wedding Seating Chart?
A larger seating chart displays all your guests’ names and table assignments. Seating charts are typically hung up near your reception entrance so guests can find their seats.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each option so that you can decide which is best for your wedding!
Pros of Having Escort Cards for Your Wedding
- They can also be favors! Use something like drink coasters or sea shells that your guests can take home as a keepsake from your wedding.
- Escort cards can be placed on a table near the entrance to your reception, so guests can easily find their seats. It makes finding your seat a little more interactive.
- If you have to add guests, or if there are guests no longer attending, it is easier to make the change with escort cards. You can just add or remove as needed.
Cons of Having Escort Cards for Your Wedding
- Escort cards can be easily misplaced from when guests arrive at the ceremony to when they sit down for the reception.
- If you have a lot of guests, the table can get cluttered quickly.
- They can be challenging to read, especially if you have a lot of guests with similar names.
- Escort cards can be more expensive than a standard seating chart, depending on how you display them.
Pros of Having a Wedding Seating Chart
- Seating charts are more prominent and more accessible for guests to see from a distance.
- Guests can find their seats without searching through a pile of escort cards.
- You can place your seating chart near the entrance to your reception so that guests know where they’re sitting as soon as they arrive.
- A seating chart can be less expensive compared to making escort cards.
- There is no escort card to lose. The chart is up and displayed for everyone to see.
Cons of Having a Wedding Seating Chart
- If you have to make changes, it can be difficult and time-consuming to rearrange the seating chart compared to making changes with escort cards.
- If you have a lot of guests, making a seating chart a reasonable size may be difficult.
- Seating charts can be difficult to create if you have guests with special needs or requests.
Escort Cards vs. Seating Chart?
So, what’s the verdict? Escort cards or seating chart? The decision is ultimately up to you! We hope this blog post has helped you narrow your options and decide what is best for your wedding. Presidential Caterers offers a beautiful wedding venue in Montgomery County, PA where you can use any type of seating arrangement you would like! Contact us today to learn more about our services!